Nabakishore Chanda Painter
Kolkata, West Bengal India 919433119536
My childhood days were spent in rural Bengal amidst various hardships,it was a struggle to carry on my studies and so there was no question of any formal training in painting.But the resplendence of colours that life unfolds in the varied canvases of experience had entrenched a deep facination in my mind.I was and still am enrapture with the element and primordial forces that lie nascent and unchanging even as the world around us shifts from one hue to the other.For me therefore,the figure of woman in all her splendour and subduedness has remined the predominant influence in life as well as art-in the simple aspects of her daily life,in her raging anger and benevolence as witnessed through folk tales,mythology and other sources.The complex and gyrating lines in my paintings are a symbolic quest for this primeval force embedded in her.I have tried to capture her in various moods-of rapturous contentment or desolation,as a mother figure or as blushful maiden and so on,emphasizing in all these varying panegyrics the mystery of life that surreptitiously keeps writing its own story of creation.
(1)2004Birla Academy of Art & Culture,kolkata,India
(2)2007-Samokal Art Gallery,Kolkata,India(sponsored)
(5)2010-Art Walk,Emami Chisel Art,South City Mall,Kolkata,India(sponsored).
(6)2011-Kanchan Art Gallery,Jaipur,India(sponsored).
1. 2003 – Academy of Fine Arts Kolkata, India.
2. 2003 – Lalit kala Academy, New Delhi, India.
3. 2005 – Chemold Art Gallery, Kolkata, India.
4. 2005-06 – Abstract Art Gallery, Bangalore, India. (sponsored)
5. 2006 – Genesis Art Gallery, Kolkata India. (sponsored)
6. 2006 – Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata, India.
7. 2006 – New Times Book & Arts Shop, Kolkata, India. (sponsored)
8. 2006 – Gallery 79, Kolkata, India. (sponsored)
9. 2006 – Gallery 79, Kolkata, India. (sponsored)
10. 2007 – Ashutosh Birth Centenary Hall, Kolkata, India. (sponsored)
11. 2007 – Metropolitan Art Saloon, Kolkata, India.
12. 2007 – 25th Baisakh Art Gallery, Kolkata, India.
13. 2007 – Gallery 79, Kolkata, India. (sponsored)
14. 2007 – Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkata, India. (sponsored)
15. 2009-Chemold Art Gallery, Kolkata, India.(sponsored by artistic impression)
16. 2009-South city Mall,Kolkata, India.(sponsored by emami chisel art & artistic impression)
17. 2011-South city Mall,Kolkata, India.(sponsored by emami chisel art & Save Academy Of Fine Arts Platform)
ANNUAL EVENT AND WORKSHOP
1. 2003 – Rajya Charukala Parsad. W.B., India.
2. 2006 – Rajya Charukala Parsad. W.B., India.
3. 2007 – Rajya Charukala Parsad. W.B., India.
4. 2006 – Flower Show, Forest Dept., Govt. of W.B., India.
5. 2003 – Achin Patua, Street Exhibition, Kolkata, India.
6. 2006 – Ichhapur Artist Forum, WB. India.
7. 2007 – Achin Patua, Street Exhibition, Kolkata, India.
8. 2007 – Oriental Society of India Art, Kolkata, India (Guest Artist).
BOOK COVER DESIGN AND OTHERS
1. Calcutta Tramwayman – Dr. Siddhartha Guha Roy.
2. Naljatak – Rabin Pyne.
3. 2007 – Saradiya Joka Samachar.
4. Paintings have been used in a documentary on Shakti Chattopadhyay, directed by Suranjan Roy.
Kolkata, Delhi, Alipurduar, Baroda, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Barong (Sikkim), Oman, Liverpool, Manchester, Washington,Canada.